Romania!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Sad News

Last week the Lord took two of my family members home to be with Him. My Aunt Margaret passed away August 13 after fighting a tough battle with cancer. She was always the life of the party and there was never a dull moment when she was around!

Three days later my grandmother passed away as well. I was fortunate to be able to spend some time with her while I was home this summer, and am so grateful the Lord provided that time for us. She was sweet and funny and would always say the most random things that would have us laughing forever.

They were both treasured parts of our family and will be greatly missed. It's always hard to get news like this so far from home, but thankfully God has provided me with an amazing support system here in Romania so I never felt alone. I'm thankful I'll be coming home in a little over a month and will be able to spend some time with my family!

1 Comments:

Blogger bleslie said...

Beth,
I'm very sorry to hear of your family's losses. Being gone far away from home myself, I know receiving this news must be difficult. It is great to know that they are in a much better place now, though! I will be praying for comfort for you and your family.

-Blake

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home