Romania!

Friday, September 21, 2007

Getting Older

I celebrated my 28th birthday in Romania and had a wonderful day! My entire day was filled with activities and spending time with my friends here. Sarah and Steffi organized a lot of fun things and truly made me feel special on my birthday.

I started out the morning in the hospital as usual. My current favorite baby, Ionela, fell asleep in my arms for almost 30 minutes - a record for her! We had a great time just cuddling in the playroom and ignoring the chaos of the other babies in there!

After the hospital, Sarah came to pick up Steffi and I and we headed out to lunch. We met up with some other people and enjoyed our favorite Italian food (no pics from that).

Later in the day, they had a party for me downstairs. It was so much fun! There was a cake (box cake from America - what a fun treat!) with sparklers for candles.
Costel, Beca, and Roxi all made me cards that they had colored. Roxi even learned how to write my name!
Sarah and Steffi bought me a bike which will be so useful once we move into our new house. We had discussed the possibility of my looking for one once we moved to make the trip to the hospital shorter, but I never imagined they would buy one for me. I love it and can't wait to get to test it out!
Later in the evening, a group of us went out bowling. It was a lot of fun (even though I completely lost!)
Sarah, Nicola, and me
Me and Steffi
I had a wonderful birthday and could not have asked for a better day. I love the friends that I have here and it was so much fun to get to celebrate with them all day long. I'm excited to get to come back to Texas in a week and a half and get to celebrate all over again with my family!












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home