Romania!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Getting Lost


This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone who knows me well, but I managed to get completely lost for the first time this weekend. On the way home from the zoo, Vivien and I stopped off at a store to buy some toys for the kids at the orphanage. We found a really fun store that reminded me exactly of a Super Wal-Mart back home. Anyway, a girl had told me what bus to take back and promised it would take us to the center (where we live). So, we took the bus and it took us way out of the way to a place we had never been before. We decided to get off the bus and try to figure out where we were on our own. It might not have been the smartest move seeing as we had no map and we both lack any directional sense. We started walking and just sort of guessed at directions and tried to find our way home. After about 20 minutes of walking we saw the greatest thing - the Brasov sign on the mountain. I mock the sign a lot because it looks just like the Hollywood sign you always see on the hill in movies, but after this adventure I will never mock it again! I am forever grateful to whoever put it up there to help poor souls like myself be able to find the town from far far away. We finally had a direction to head and did manage to make it back in one piece. Plus, we got to see a whole other side of Brasov that we hadn't seen before!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home